ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT | VOL. 1
Organizational Development is:
- Planned Activity
- Effects Entire Organization
- Requires Support from All Levels
- Aims to improve Organizational Effectiveness and Health.
- Goals Flow from Deliberate Interventions.
- Initiated in Response to Need/Problem
- Often conducted by Outside Consultant
- Views Organization as a System
- Involves Extensive Planning
- Based on Behavioral Science Knowledge
- Process Often Experiential
PROCESS OF ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
3 BASIC APPROACHES TO OD
- Better Utilization of Human Resources
- Improving the Level of Morale, Motivation & Commitment ofMembers
- Relates the element of the Organization to one another.
- Includes Downsizing, Decentralization & Centralization .
- Changes in Machinery, Methods, Automation, Job Design.
- Change have helped companies to be more Productive.
OD WITH HRM
OD will enable HR professionals :
- Support transformation
- Work on organization design
- Design and deliver learning and development interventions
- Support clients in major change and organization design projects
- Analyze and improve the over all health of the organization
THE OD CYCLE